199 Poisonous Plants To Look Out For

Although flowers and plants can be a wonderful way to beautify your home but not all plants are suitable at home. It is known that poison oak should not be touched and we also keep poinsettias out of the reach of our pets But did you know that some of the flowers you love could be toxic also?

It is important to err in the direction of caution and be aware of the negative effects that a toxic flower or plant could be able to. Common flowers like heathers the foxgloves, and some of the blooms we offer may have toxic qualities. With Favor-Flower, however you’ll be knowing if a flower has poisonous properties or is not. Our packaging is filled with information on flowering plants that could be dangerous if eaten.

The explanation of levels of toxicity

Be aware that toxic levels can differ depending on the degree of contact with the plant. For instance the plant known as black henbane could be deadly at low doses, but certain plants require you to consume a significant amount to feel the consequences.

Here is the breakdown into the levels of four:

  1. The major toxicity of these plants could be the cause of serious illnesses or even death.
  2. A minor toxicity could cause minor illness, like diarrhea or vomiting.
  3. Oxalates The sap or juice of these plants has crystals of oxalate that can cause skin irritations, or more serious illnesses such as breathing problems, throat swelling and stomach discomfort.
  4. Skin irritation: The plant can cause skin rash, or irritation.

For all levels of toxicity It is recommended that you make contact with your local Poison Control Center (800-222-1222) or your physician.

If you see that common fruits are listed There’s no reason to hurry to throw away your last shopping trip. A lot of the harmful parts of plants like peaches, apricots, and cherries aren’t fruits in themselves however, they are other components such as the leaves, stems and seeds. The parts we do not consider eating, which is why we never get in contact with them.

Special treatment for pets and children

Many plants we don’t ever think of eating or touching However, for young children or pets who aren’t aware of harmful side effects, you should keep them out of reach. range. For instance an lily called a peace lily is a well-loved indoor plant because of its ability to purify the air in your home. However, it’s also extremely poisonous for pets and cats So, try to keep the plant on a higher shelf.

It’s better to be secure instead of sorry.¬†Knowing what choices are dangerous will not only assist you in making a more informed choice when choosing stunning flowers and foliage but it will also aid in avoiding the possibility of a mishap.

Sources: ProFlowers